Monday, March 9, 2009

My Stay at Home Mom’s Story part 1

Let me tell you it is not easy being me, I have been married for the last 28 years to the same women. We have three boys all of which are in college. My wife and I have a 2700 sq ft. home 5 bedrooms with a pool 1500 sq ft patio with outdoor kitchen. I also have a detached 3 car garage with a 35 foot 5th wheel trailer for trips that my wife and I take. I am a 3rd grade teacher and my wife is a operational supervisor for an alarm company. Looks like we are living the American Dream. Well, It didn’t start out that way.
I started out in the US Air Force as a security policemen and became a full time Police Officer at the age of 22 where I met my wife who was my dispatcher. Our careers took off, we got married and bought our first house a year later. Our first child was born a year after that, and the problems began. We had the 3 boys. The first was born with disabilities, the second had a sleep disorder where he couldn’t get past ream sleep which caused hallucinations. We spent the next 4 years dealing with that until our first boy hallucintions became violent. He spent the next 4 years in a hospital setting. As you see looking at my life now, you would never know how we got to our life now.
Life as a Police Officer wasn’t all fun and games either. during my 13th year on the force I was involved in a traumatic event that caused me to spend 4 months in a mental hospital. I still don’t remember all that happened, but I can’t spend any time at Wendy’s the burger joint. Well, I was forced to retire and my wife lost her job as well due to spending so much time at my son’s hospital. We went from a income of over 95,000 a year to almost losing our house with a combined income of 20,000. Wow, what a mess we had.
I can attribute our life today to that mess… we are real people with real problems that have succeeded!!!
Stay tuned for more on my life. check out how I am succeeding in business today. Mark Phelps Recommends

0 comments: